The largest tech event in Cameroon, the Silicon Mountain Conference, is coming up this November under the theme “THE SHOWCASE.” Preparations towards the tech-driven event have climaxed, with the organizing committee dotting the “Is” and cutting the “Ts”.
The event, which always brings together more than 1,000 participants, has been described by marketers as a client pool for companies that will be sponsoring. This is because the audience will comprise persons from diverse institutions like training centers, government institutions, and individuals like software engineers, business owners, academicians, freelancers, etc who are potential clients, partners, and employees to every business.
Marketers are always looking for the opportunity to meet their clients face-to-face and this conference is offering companies to meet physically with over 2,000 clients within 5 days.
The organizing committee and secretariat of the 2021 Silicon Mountain Conference are calling on all companies wishing to showcase their products to sign up for sponsorship packages for the conference.
There are different sponsorship packages: Diamond, Gold, Platinum, etc and they come with different benefits.
The last conference in 2017 had more than 1,000 attendees and this year’s attendance is projected to be more than 2,000.
Cameroon Tech News spoke with the lead of the 2021 Silicon Mountain Conference Secretariat, Laye Mbunkur and he told us the grand event will have attendees from within and out of Cameroon. “Many persons out of Cameroon have been showing interest in the event. We have been telling them not to come these past years but we are inviting them this year to be there,” he said.
He also revealed that the event is free for whoever wants to attend, a move which will attract more people to the event.
Listen to what he said about the preparations for the conference.
7 reasons why you should sponsor the 2021 Silicon Mountain Conference
- You will have access to more than 2,000 prospective clients. Sponsors will have stands and their marketing materials brandished at event venues for attendees to notice.
- The organizing committee has made available many packages to choose from, making it affordable for every entrepreneur to market his product.
- You will have 5 days to market your product to a diverse audience, a period long enough to convert people to clients. The conference will take place from November 9-13 in 4 venues in Buea.
- Sponsors will have enough time to dialogue with officials from different institutions, a perfect opportunity to discuss other projects and sign deals or meet their dream employees. Officials from Ministries like Post and Telecommunications, Scientific Research and Innovation, Employment, and Academic institutions will be present at the event.
- International partners will be present at the event, providing another opportunity for sponsors to think of going international.
- The conference is themed: THE SHOWCASE. Apart from being wowed by presentations and showcases, new ideas for solving problems could be tapped from the conference.
- Sponsors will also have the opportunity to listen to different speakers who may be potential partners, trainers at their events, salespersons, etc.
For details about the sponsorship packages, reach out to the 2021 Silicon Mountain Conference Secretariat via:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +237 680 513 060 / +237 699 948 086
About the Silicon Mountain Conference
The Silicon Mountain Conference is an annual gathering of tech enthusiasts organized by Cameroon’s most vibrant tech community, the Silicon Mountain Community. It has always been an opportunity for the community to come together to discuss ways of making life better with the use of technology and also to market the community.
One of the pioneer members of the community, Churchill Mambe, said
“It was a marketing campaign to help the world know there is such a tech community and environment. Yefon Mainsah, on her visit to my office in 2014, hinted that we should do a conference to market the tech activities going on here and I agreed.”
The first Silicon Mountain conference took place in 2015 at Eta Palace Buea and the turnout was 200 attendees.
In 2017, more than 1000 attendees showed up and it is promising to be bigger this year.
That number has steadily grown over the years, attracting techies, entrepreneurs, organizations, and other tech and entrepreneurial stakeholders from across Africa.
The conference will happen this year from November 9-13 at HIMS, CUIB, University of Buea and Chariot Hotel Complex.
Also, follow Cameroon Tech News on Facebook for updates.